Ignit Sports Basketball Program Philosophy
Ignit Basketball is dedicated to teaching young athletes how to get top performance out of their bodies. Each player is exposed to the latest strength & conditioning, drills and concepts. This approach gives Ignit athletes the ability to maximize their athletic potential making them stronger, quicker, and more agile. By giving our young athletes a strong fitness foundation we are preparing our youth for not only high school and college athletics but also give them lifelong fitness tools. Whether you participate in football, baseball, basketball or soccer, your skills are all enhanced when you improve your strength, quickness and explosiveness. Ignit strives to achieve and instill the following core principles into all of our participants regardless of skill level:
· Complete Athlete: Becoming a complete athlete by promoting their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development
· Development: We want your children to develop not only as athletes, but as a students and active participants in our communities
· Goals: We want teach our members to set and achieve their goals whether that is to play on your high school teams, to earn honors and scholarships, or to be a college athlete.
· Joy of the Game: We want your children to experience the joy of the journey and develop a passion and love for the game.
Why Ignit Basketball
- Our athletes have access to performance training up to 5 days per week(min 2 days per week before or after practice)
- 2 weekly 90 min practices w/performance training before or after practice(open gym times will also be available during the season for Ignit players to participate in)
- Every practice will be organized with a structured practice plan and will involve skills training to enhance each athletes skills set(ball handling, shooting, passing, defense and conditioning)
- Players have the ability learn and develop from the same coach during the season(they will always know their coach and coach will know their athletes)
- Access to elite level skills/drills training(small group or individual training)
- Camps/Clinics will be held consistently giving our athletes the ability to develop inside our program
- Consistent communication between our families and our coaches(players and families will always be up to date on schedule or tournament changes, camps/clinics, etc.)
- All Families have the ability to add other family members to our performance training and workout facilities at a discounted rate
- Every athlete will grow on the court as a players but most importantly as young men and women
- Most importantly your athlete won’t be just an another “player” they’re joining our Ignit family
Jeff Daye: Director Basketball Operations
Coach Jeff and his family are lifelong residents of the state of Iowa currently residing in West Des Moines. Coach Jeff enjoys spending time with his family(Wife Lindsey, Daughter Jada and Son Quinton). Coach Jeff is active in the community with different youth programs. He has been a Head coach of a AAU youth basketball for the 7yrs and has been the Program Director at Iowa Elite Basketball since 2020.
Coach Jeff is a long term athlete himself started his athletic career at Norwalk High School where he was as football and basketball player. He was Honorable Mention in both football and basketball. Jeff’s sports career was ended due to knee injury following his senior year. He moved from sport to focus on school and starting his career in Insurance. While helping mentor and coach athletes in the IDYFL and in AAU over the last 7yrs Jeff also works for American National Insurance.
Larry Mason: Director Player Development
Coach Mason and his family are long term residents of the state of Iowa currently residing in West Des Moines. Coach Mason’s primary focus is his family and giving back to the community. He has been an assistant and Head coach of AAU youth basketball and High school for the past 17 years, founding Iowa Elite Basketball in 2010.
Coach Mason a long term athlete himself started his athletic career at Roosevelt High School where he was as All-State and All-Conference football player. He was selected to participate in the Shrine Bowl in 1993. Being a 3 sport athlete Coach Mason was chosen to run Varsity track his freshman year. Play Varsity basketball his sophomore year as well as named Honorable Mention. Also played Varsity Football as a Freshman. Coach Mason attended Iowa Central where he was ranked as high as 6th in the Nation at running backs position. Also playing Basketball his Freshman year at Iowa Central. Due to his success he was offered multiple scholarship opportunities to Kansas State, University of Hawaii, Southeast Missouri State, and Ole Miss. Coach Mason chose to attend Southeast Missouri State, unfortunately his college career ended quickly as he tore his ACL shorty after signing with Southeast Missouri State. Moving back to Iowa and starting his family and coaching career, Coach Mason became the assistant Varsity boys basketball coach at North High School in Des Moines, Ia. Then further his career in coaching Varsity football and Sophomore head basketball at Valley High School in West Des Moines, Ia as well as a Head coach of the WDMLPYFL football league. In 2020 transferring to East High school in Des Moines, Ia were he is presently the Head Varsity Basketball Coach.